Data Entry Operators input data or information into the computer using devices such as a keyboard, scanner, voice etc. in a fast and efficient manner. They also help the organisations in maintaining and retrieving important information. They should have high typing speed and accuracy. Many women prefer this profession, since there are lot of work from home opportunities available in this field.
Aspirants can opt for certification courses right after their 10th or 12th Std. Certification programs take two- three semesters and are available at most colleges. Aspirants can use the skills learnt in these programs to compile data, verify its accuracy, and organize it.
|Stream of Study in 12th Grade/School:
- Certification course in computer operations for 6-12 months
- Certification course in Data Entry Operator (DEO) for 6-12 months.
- Diploma in ITI Data Entry and Office Automation for 6-12 months
- Diploma in Office Management and Secretarial Practice for 12 months
- Certification in Data entry operator (Government Certification) for 6 months.
|Higher education/Post Graduation Courses:
- Post Graduate diploma in Computer Applications for 1-2 years
- National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology, Delhi
- Government ITIs
- Self-Financed ITIs