An Early Childhood Educator/Pre-school teacher specializes in working with young children or infants. They are trained in child education, teaching methodology, nursery level subjects and the art of communicating with young ones. Pre-school is the first step into formal education for a child and nursery teachers should have a lot of patience to deal with children who are not used to the school environment. Preschool teachers are also trained in handling special needs of children and their health and nutritional requirements.
Students can opt for diploma course even after completing their 10th STD. A post graduate degree is advisable only if you would like to look at careers in curriculum development or programme evaluation.
|Stream of Study in 12th Grade/School:
- Certificate in Early Childhood care and education (10 months).
- Diploma in Early Childhood care and education(ECCE) for 1 to 2 years
|Higher education/Post Graduation Courses:
- Post Graduate Diploma in ECCE for 12months.
- MA in ECCE.
- Mumbai University (MU), Mumbai
- Bombay Teachers Training College, Mumbai
- Jaipur National University, Jaipur
- International Institute of Education and Research, Jaipur
- Government Raza Post Graduate college, Rampur
- Amity Polytechnic for Women, Noida
- Delhi Institute of Early Childhood Care and Education, Delhi
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- St. Joseph’s College for Women, Andhra Pradesh
- Vidya Soudha School of Education, Bangalore