Changing work environments and higher competition in college admissions make having good communication skills in English critical.
Here are some tips to improve your communication skills in English
Read Books in EnglishRead books in English so as to improve your vocabulary .There are a wide variety of books that might suit your interest area like;
Fiction: Historical, Fantasies,Detective etc
Non-Fiction: Selp –help, Biographies,Travel etc
Watch Movies In EnglishThis will help you understand fundamentals like basic greetings, summarizing, common usage of words,para-phrasing etc
Use internet and technologyUse audio tapes and You tube videos to understand pronunciation of common words, usage of phrases etc
Take initiative to present a topic in your classPresenting in English to your class or school mates during a session will boost your confidence in your communicative abilities in English.
Talk to your Classmates in EnglishTry to talk to your class mates in English while discussing home work and assignments. This will help you as well as your friends to improve your communication skills in English.
Find out what career suits you
- Extra Curricular Activities: Take A Break From School
- Make a Difference: Volunteer for an NGO
- Science, Commerce or Arts? Should I Listen to my Child?
- What is the Right Age For Career Planning? Start Early
- Career Planning: Your Checklist In High School
- What's Your Learning Style?
- Find a Job That you Enjoy Why?
- Improving Your Communication Skills In English
- How can schools help in Career Planning
- When to Approach Your School Counsellor?
- Self-Questionnaire - The first step to guide your Child in Career Planning